Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Deadliest Ale


As I've mentioned before, I am an unabashed fan of a couple of boat-related reality shows. I loved America's Port, and I loooove the Discovery Channel's Deadliest Catch. Nothing helps me get through a gym visit like tuning in on my treadmill's TV and watching those fishermen hunt down crab in the Bering Sea. And, I'm not alone. The Deadliest Catch is so popular that it has spawned a whole lotta merchandise—video games, books, t-shirts, and more. Well, here's a new one: Captain Sig Hansen, one of the show's stars, has partnered with Rogue Ales to create his very own Deadliest Ale. Designed to complement the flavors of his Alaskan King and Opelia crab, the ale will come in 22 oz bottles and will be sold in Alaska, Texas, Florida, and more. A portion of the proceeds of the ale will be given to the Fisherman's fund, a non-profit foundation established by the Hansen family.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Phil Harris also has a beer, and both Capt. Sig and Capt Phil have Coffee as well. You may want to check out their Forums.