Monday, April 14, 2008

America's Port, Reality Show

This morning, I woke to a panicked call from my boyfriend, Ben. He's been out of town for a few days, and won't be back until tomorrow. "Will you please, please tape 'America's Port' for me?" he practically squealed. (Sorry, Ben.) Well, there was no need for his consternation: My DVR was already set to record. Because...Hello my name is Catherine, and I'm an "America's Port" addict.

"America's Port" is a reality show that airs on the National Geographic Channel on Monday nights at 10 ET. This eight-episode series provides a behind-the-scenes look at the enormous Port of Los Angeles, the nation's leading seaport in terms of shipping container volume and cargo value. From loading and unloading cargo hundreds of feet in the air to the grim task of searching for bodies underwater, there's certainly a lot that goes on at this center for trade, and most of it is pretty interesting to watch.

No comments: